The channel numbering of the roTV service is set up similarly to some cable and satellite services: The first channel is numbered 101, the second channel is 102, and so on. In initial plans for the roTV service, the first ten channel positions would be used for major television companies' main and main secondary channels; channels 111 through 119 and 124 would be used for the roChannels, and all other channels (including channels from smaller television companies and secondary and tertiary channels from major television companies) taking channel positions 120 through 123 and position 125 onward.
The roChannels were effectively canceled on December 3, 2013, which caused a change in how channels were allocated on the platform, a change which reflects how the roTV service is managed to this day: major-company main channels are placed on channel numbers 101 through 109 (with channels 105 through 109 especially generally being allocated to major or mid-sized television companies' primary channels); the roPlay Channel (the surviving remnant of the roChannels project) at position 110, and all other channels taking positions 111 onward, initially starting with the secondary channels of major television companies and moving downward to smaller television companies (although since the service has expanded greatly since the initial slate of channels was released, this no longer necessarily applies). Channel positions are typically issued on a first-come, first-serve basis, with randomized allocation; although if multiple channels are launching on the service at the same time, as is often the case, they may be grouped by ownership.
As of May 13, 2017, sixty-one channels are available on the service.
- BBC One Robloxia
- BBS Channel
- Blox Flickz
- Blox News Channel
- Blox Sports*
- BloxyTV CHANNEL
- BloxyTV EUROPE
- Cartoon Bros. Network
- Cartoon Everything
- Cartoon Network Roblox
- Crime + Mystery
- Destination Robloxia*
- Hexahedron Network
- Hoot Kids
- Keegan TV
- Mighty Jr
- Mighty Blue
- MusicShuffle Classic
- MusicShuffle EDM
- MusicShuffle Modern
- Roblox Movie Channel
- RoPlay Channel*
- rTV3 Retro*
- rTV Life*
- rTV Max*
- Sunset Music TV
- Viva Roblox
* roTV exclusive
- TCA One
- RPN and City: Carriage removed as jonathanroxcp, owner of parent company ROX Pictures, left Roblox in July 2015.
- RPN2: Removed as that channel was closed by its parent, ROX Pictures.
- ROFlix: Removed as that channel closed in February 2015.
- Flickz, G3, Gavent Network News, and RNFL Network: Removed as those channels were officially closed by Gavent Networks in August 2015 (however Flickz returned onto the platform after being revived.)
- TRN: Removed as Tamated left Roblox in August 2014.
- TRN2: Removed as that channel was closed by TamatedRNetworks.
- XtremeNews: Has expressed interest in joining roTV but was subject to approval for the service by the RTNG. Service later became an exclusive channel of the competing 3view service on August 31, 2015.
- Blox: Original version removed as that channel was closed by rTV Networks and Gavent Networks on January 17, 2016. Channel re-added to the platform on January 18, 2017 pending its relaunch by rTV Networks.
- BBN England: Removed as that channel was closed by Buddbudd Studios officially on January 30, 2016.
- RMC2: Removed as that channel was closed by its owner.
- GNKids: Removed due to that channel being closed by its owner.
- BBN News
- Crime + Mystery
- Dipper Fresh Network
- Roblox Movie Channel: Removed in a channel list update on January 24, 2017, when that channel was shut down by its initial owner, DragonDipperBlossom, as he left the industry. The channel would return a few months later.
- Roblox Music Television: Removed as that channel was replaced by Viva Roblox on April 11, 2017.
- JWR Network: Pulled by the Roblox Television Networks Group (the owners of RoTV) on May 12, 2017 due to controversial comments made by the channel's owners Joshua World Corporation.
Miscellaneous carriage detailsEdit
The proposed future channels of the rTV Networks will be added automatically if or as they launch. ROX Pictures' Robloxian version of MuchMusic (which was approved of by its real-life namesake channel) was unconfirmed due to licensing issues but was later canceled. Despite ownership by rTV Networks, ROFlix, the sole channel of the subsidiary rTV Networks RoFlix was never approved by the RTNG for roTV prior to its closure in early 2015.
TamatedRNetworks was the third founding member of the RTNG and was originally going to be carried on the platform. When the roChannels were announced, TamatedRNetworks dropped their carriage agreement from the service. TRN wanted the roChannels to contain original content before they agreed to a carriage deal. The demise of the roChannels opened the path to TRN's carriage on the service, and in February 2014, the channels were finally added to the service. The channels were later removed due to TRN's closure.
On January 3, 2014, BBN and BBN News 24 were removed from their channel positions (113 and 114) due to ongoing incidents involving buddbudd222's and BBN's actions towards the rest of the industry. Originally, BenzBot wanted to keep the channels on the service until they were replaced by other new channels, but Tamated, Kian667, and Samsung9, of the then-former TamatedRNetworks, advocated for swift removal of the channels. The channels returned in late January.
Buddbudd Studios pulled BBN and BBN News 24 on February 14, 2014 due to then-ongoing disagreements with the Roblox Television Networks Group. They were restored an unknown amount of time later.
BBN and BBN News were pulled from RoTV and all other providers on January 24, 2017 due to their closure.
On May 13, 2017 at around 2:00 am EST with the release of update v1.4, JWR Network was pulled from RoTV, likely due to Joshua World Corporation's controversial comments regarding LGBT and Islamic people, mirroring similar moves by Amicable, BBS Player and DOGEdigital (then known as DigiBLOCKS). On May 31, 2017, it was confirmed that JWR had been removed due to the ongoing Joshua World Corporation homophobia scandal, and as it continues it does not seem likely that JWR will return to the service.